Regulations of Festival
Regulations of the 38. Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival
- The 38. Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival (hereinafter referred to as the Festival) will be held in Poznań from November 29 to December 6, 2020.
- The aim of the Festival is to present and promote valuable films for children and young people.
- The Festival is organised by Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu (Children’s Art Centre in Poznań, the Organiser).
- The Festival Director is the director of the Children’s Art Centre in Poznań.
- The Festival programme comprises the following sections:
a) International Competition of full-length and short films for children and young people, featuring films made in 2018–2020. Full-length and short films (live-action as well as animated ones) are eligible for the competition. Competition films will be evaluated in two categories: films for children and films for young people. The categories are assigned by the Organiser.
b) Fringe sections and special screenings, where out-of-competition films for children, young people and adults are presented.
SELECTION OF FILMS
- The call for entries opens on March 4, 2020.
- Films may be entered by their authors, producers or other authorised persons.
- Whether a film will be admitted to the Festival is decided by the Organiser.
- Only the films which have been entered within the specified time limit and in compliance with these Regulations are subject to selection for Festival screenings. Each entry must be accompanied by:
a) An entry form completed online (available from www.alekino.com and FilmFreeway).
b) A screener with the film in an English language version or with English subtitles.
- The competition is open to films which meet the following criteria:
a) Are live-action or animated films, either full-length or short ones, made after January 1, 2018. ‘Full-length’ should be understood as longer than 60 minutes. ‘Short’ should be understood as shorter than 30 minutes.
b) Are available as DCP, BluRay, or digital files. Screening from other sources is acceptable provided it is agreed with the Festival Organiser in advance.
c) Represent a separate artistic whole.
- The final deadline for submitting entry forms and materials for the competition section is July 31, 2020.
- It is the Entrant’s responsibility to obtain authorisation to use and enter the film in the Festival.
- All Entrants will be notified of the selection results as soon as the selection process is complete.
- In the event of selecting a film for the competition, the Entrant shall provide the following immediately:
a) a printed entry form with a handwritten signature;
b) information for the Festival catalogue (the Organiser will provide the details as to what information is necessary);
c) subtitles in a language agreed upon with the Organiser;
d) other promotional materials.
- Once a film is selected for the Festival programme, the signed entry forms and other materials must be sent to the following address:
Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu
Św. Marcin 80/82
Fax +48 61 64 64 472
Full-length films: email@example.com
Short films: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submitted materials and entry form shall be returned only if the entry is accompanied by a written request to do so.
OTHER RIGHTS OF THE FESTIVAL
- The Entrant grants the Festival the right to use the following materials:
a) the film print: in the main Festival screening and additional screenings during the Festival;
b) the submitted promotional materials: in Festival publications (printed materials, Festival website, catalogues, Festival programme) and for the purposes of promoting the Festival in the media. The Entrant hereby agrees that the submitted materials may be edited by the Organiser;
c) parts of the film: in television reports connected with the Festival, and for the purposes of promoting the film and the Festival (a trailer or a fragment up to 2 minutes long for a full-length film and up to 1 minute for a short film).
- The Organiser reserves the right to use parts of the film and promotional materials to promote subsequent Festival editions in accordance with Article 17. Subject to the provisions of Articles 17 and 18 the Entrant grants the Organiser a license or authorises the Organiser, as applicable, to exercise derivative rights in the Work free of charge.
- The Entrant shall submit a print of the film which has been selected for the Festival by November 22, 2020 to the address of the Festival Organiser:
Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu
Św. Marcin 80/82 pok. 345
61-809 Poznań, Poland
- The print shall be on the medium and in the format indicated in the entry form, in the original language version, with English subtitles (if English is not the original language of the film), in good technical condition.
- The print must be properly labelled.
- The Entrant shall cover the cost of shipping the print to the Festival address unless it is agreed otherwise with the Organiser. The sender shall follow shipment instructions, which will be provided by the Festival Organiser. The instructions shall be provided together with the notification of selection results.
- The cost of returning the print shall be covered by the Festival unless it is agreed otherwise with the Entrant. The Festival is responsible for returning the print in condition not worse than resulting from its proper usage.
- The cost of print insurance up to the amount indicated in the entry form shall be covered by the Festival. The insurance shall cover the period from the delivery of the print to the Organiser’s address by the delivering carrier, to the collection of the print from the Organiser by the returning carrier.
- The print shall be returned after the Festival to the address indicated by the Entrant. The Organiser is not liable for any loss or damage that may result from indicating the wrong address.
JURIES AND PRIZES
- The professional international jury shall award:
- Golden Goats to the best full-length film for children and a cash prize of EUR 4000 gross* to the film director (as a natural person);
- Golden Goats to the best short film for children and a cash prize of EUR 1500 gross* to the film director (as a natural person);
- Golden Goats to the best full-length film for young people and a cash prize of EUR 4000 gross* to the film director (as a natural person);
- Golden Goats to the best short film for young people and a cash prize of EUR 1500 gross* to the film director (as a natural person).
The prizes shall be paid out in cash or by bank transfer, in Polish zlotys, after tax deductions, as applicable*.
If the Winner’s bank does not accept transfers in Polish zlotys, a bank transfer may be made in Euros or American dollars. As soon as the Winners are announced, the Organiser shall send each Winner a form to be filled in with details necessary to make the payment. The completed form must be returned to the Organiser by email (full-length films: email@example.com, short films: firstname.lastname@example.org) within 10 days after receipt, but no later than by December 20, 2020. The prizes shall be paid out within 30 days after the Organiser receives a duly completed form, which must be submitted together with the original certificate of tax residence in the case of non-resident Winners wishing to avoid double taxation. The certificate of tax residence must be delivered by January 15, 2021 at the latest, otherwise the prize will be paid in accordance with Polish tax law.
Should the winning film have more than one director, the prize shall be divided equally between the Winners.
- The young people’s jury shall award the Marcin prizes to the best full-length and the best short film for young people.
- The children’s jury shall award the Marcinek prizes to the best full-length and the best short film for children.
- The Film Educators’ Jury shall award the The Film Educators’ Prize to the best full-length film for children.
- The Festival audience shall award its prize to the best full-length film.
- The Festival Organiser shall award the special prize of Platinum Goats for excellent film or audiovisual media output aimed at young audiences.
- Other special prizes funded by private individuals, institutions and organisations may also be awarded in agreement with the Organiser.
- The Organiser will invite selected makers and artists representing the films screened at the Festival, as well as eminent filmmakers, representatives of the press, distributors, producers and other persons involved in the audiovisual culture for children and young people.
- By entering a film in the Festival and participating in the Festival the Entrant agrees to comply with these Regulations.
- The Festival Organiser is not liable for any damage or loss resulting from the infringement of the rights of third parties that may arise in connection with the use of the submitted Works, unless the infringement has been caused solely by the Organiser. The Entrant hereby indemnifies the Organiser from any liability in that respect.
- In the event of doubt as to the interpretation of these Regulations, the Polish language version shall prevail.
- Issues not covered by these Regulations are subject to decisions made by the Festival Director.
* Competition prizes will be paid in Polish zlotys (PLN). The amounts in Euros will be converted into zlotys using the average exchange rate stated by the National Bank of Poland as of the day preceding the announcement of the winning films. Competition prizes won by Polish residents are subject to taxation pursuant to Article 13(13) of the Polish Personal Income Tax Act concerning participation in competitions in the fields of science, culture, art and journalism. The income tax rate for the prize is 18% on the amount won after deducting 20% of tax-deductible costs. The tax will be deducted from the prize before payment. Competition prizes won by non-residents are subject to taxation pursuant to Article 29(1)(1) of the Polish Personal Income Tax Act. The income tax rate for the prize is 20% on the amount won. The tax will be deducted from the prize before payment. However, for the avoidance of double taxation, the Winner may be able to claim a tax relief or tax exemption in Poland if there is a double taxation agreement between Poland and this country, and if he/she delivers a valid certificate of residence from the tax authority in the country in which he/she is resident. The certificate is valid until the date of expiry, or, if the date is not specified, for 12 months after the date of issue. The original (not digital) certificate must be delivered to the Festival Organiser before the prize is paid. The certificate of tax residence must be delivered by January 15, 2021 at the latest, otherwise the prize will be paid in accordance with Polish tax law.
to the Regulations of the 38. Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival of September 1, 2020
Due to the changes regarding the practical execution of the 38. Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival as necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic, and in particular due to the transition of the Festival into a hybrid form, the Annex to the Festival Regulations is created and reads as follows:
- Article 1 of the Regulations shall read as follows: “38. Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival (hereinafter referred to as the Festival) will be held in Poznań from November 29 to December 6, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting restrictions pertaining to cultural events, the Festival will be held in a hybrid form: films will be presented at online screenings, via a video player embedded in the Festival website and, if the relevant sanitary regulations in force in Poland and in the city of Poznań permit, in cinemas in Poznań”.
- Article 10 b of the Regulations shall read as follows: “Films are available as a DCP, BluRay, or digital files. Screening from other sources is acceptable provided it is agreed with the Festival Organiser in advance. Films can be screened both in cinemas and via the video player embedded in the Festival website, on the terms agreed directly with the Entrants, after the film has qualified for the Festival”.
- Article 15 of the Regulations shall read as follows: “Once a film is selected for the Festival programme, the signed entry forms and other materials must be sent to the following address: Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu, Św. Marcin 80/82, 61-809 Poznań, Poland; or via email: full-length films: email@example.com; short films: firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Article 17 a of the Regulations shall read as follows: “The Entrant grants the Festival the right to use the print of the film for the purposes of cinema screenings, as well as the right to use the file containing the film for the agreed number of screenings via the video player embedded in the Festival website, under the conditions agreed upon with the Festival”.
- Article 19 of the Regulations shall read as follows: “The Entrant shall submit a print of the film which has been selected for the Festival by November 22, 2020, as agreed with the Organiser (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). Prints can be submitted electronically or sent to the address of the Festival Organiser: Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu, Św. Marcin 80/82, pok 345, 61-809 Poznań”.
- Article 20 of the Regulations shall read as follows: “The print shall be on the medium and in the format indicated in the entry form, in the original language version without subtitles, accompanied by a separate file containing English subtitles (if English is not the original language of the film), in good technical condition”.
- Article 33 of the Regulations shall read as follows: “Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Festival Organiser does not invite filmmakers who qualified for the Festival, nor other guests associated with audiovisual culture for children and youth to come to Poznań this year, except for justified exceptions. The Organiser will take every effort to ensure that such persons can participate in the online part of the Festival via the Internet”.
All other provisions of the Regulations remain unchanged.
This Annex shall enter into force on September 1, 2020.
Regulations governing the sale of tickets and access passes
REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE SALE OF TICKETS AND ACCESS PASSES, AS WELL AS PARTICIPATION IN ALE KINO! INTERNATIONAL YOUNG AUDIENCE FILM FESTIVAL
- 38. Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival will be held in a hybrid form from November 29 to December 6, 2020. Films will be available via an online player at www.alekino.com after purchasing access passes, as well as in the CK ZAMEK Kino Pałace cinema after purchasing tickets.
- The sale of tickets to cinema and online screening begins at 12:00 p.m. on November 17, 2020.
- Online screenings will be arranged in the following time blocks:
- 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- 2:00–6:00 p.m.
- 6:00–10:00 p.m.
In Kino Pałacowe cinema, films will be screened according to the screening schedule. Please read it carefully.
- An online screening can only be accessed in the respective time block. You can start watching the film at any time WITHIN THE SPECIFIC TIME BLOCK. This means that if the screening is scheduled in the 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. time block, you can START watching it no later than at 2:00 p.m. (and watch the entire film).
- Films can only be watched on one device at a time.
- Films can only be watched in the territory of Poland.
- Ticket sale points:
Kino Pałacowe cinema screenings:
- Ticket pricelist for cinema/online screenings:
- access to a single online screening: PLN 10;
- single ticket for screenings at Kino Pałacowe cinema: PLN 5;
- Single ticket for screenings at Kino Pałacowe cinema, Large Family Discount Card holders: PLN 2,5;
- Single ticket for screening at Kino Pałacowe cinema, Senior Discount Card holders: PLN 2,5;
- Ale Kino! Industry / Education Pro participant accreditation: PLN 50.
- Access passes sale:
- to purchase a pass to any film, you must create a user account at www.alekino.com/zaloguj;
- after registration, select the film from the schedule. You will be redirected to www.bilety24.pl, where you can finalize the transaction;
- access passes can be purchased before the start of a given time block;
- the number of passes is limited;
- the Organiser of the Festival reserves the right to end the sales of tickets at any time.
- Access passes can only be bought before the respective time block starts.
- Access passes and tickets are non-refundable.
- In order to obtain an invoice, please tick the corresponding box while purchasing tickets at the www.bilety24.pl website.
These Regulations enter into force on November 4, 2020.